Saturday, June 23, 2007

Beginnings: Following a Formerly-Dead Man

Ok, I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but Jason and I talked on the gospel according to bloggers a few weeks ago (see link below), so I figured we might give this blogging thing a try. First, a couple of warnings: I'm computer illiterate, so be patient with us as we get this going. Second, I have a hard time keeping up with my email, much less a blog, so I can't promise always to be up to date--but I do enjoy joining and sparking conversations. I've been so impressed by several folk's email reflections our Gospel in Culture series, so basically I'm throwing that out to the web. My main focus here will be to dialogue about what this adventure of following a formerly-dead man looks like in the real world. You can hear our conversations on podcast at the link on this page ("Dean's Podcast"). I Look forward to "walking" with you here.

Dean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dean, welcome to the Blogosphere!

There are a number of neat things you'll be able to do with this new format. Your format should let you set up a blogroll pretty easily; let me know if you need a little know-how. If you have original notes or text for a conversation, this is a great place to put them (especially once you learn how to hide portions of your posts; that way the essay doesn't take up the entire page.) Finally, as you collect resources for your conversations, you can post them here; you can mention the snippet in the talk and provide the link to the full piece here. Let me know if you'd like any help with that, too.

Great to see you here!

Katherine said...

Hey Dean-welcome to the blogging world!! I can attest to your e-mail habits-I sent you an e-mail in April, and still have not gotten a response!! ;)

Hope you are doing well!